Monday, March 4, 2013

The Digital Story Finale!

I am officially finished with my digital story.  This has been a long process because I became a stickler about matching the voice to the slides precisely. Please enjoy this beautiful piece of work!



Reflection on the experience:
This process was a bit more tedious than I expected.  I really became very concerned with matching the images to the narration precisely.  Once I realized that you can expand each image for certain time frames, the process became much easier.  I really enjoyed taking the time to share this experience in a digital story format.  In the process of completing this I realized that none of the teachers actually take time to photograph the students creating the vessels!  We are typically so hands-on with helping the students that we don't think to take pictures. 

Peer Reviews:
My classmates are really impressed with the video that I have created and said that my narration works really well with the images. You can view their original responses to my first attempts at completing this project on my previous blog posts:



What I Would Do Differently:
I don't think that I would do anything differently.  This was a learning process, so now I know certain tips and tricks that will make creating the next digital story much easier.  For example, how to increase the length of a particular image so that it fits my narration, not adjusting my narration so it fits the image time frame! In the future I would like to use digital storytelling with my students to help them summarize texts that we are reading.  I think this would be a fun way to practice a literacy skill that is sometimes a struggle for my students. 

2 comments:

  1. A great way to create a digital hook to a project. Students will be instantly engaged and motivated! I can imagine them thinking up possibilities as they view the digital story. Wouldn't it be great for them to record their own process, from planning through creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, I love how you used this assignment for something that you will (annually) do within your classroom! The digital story was engaging and informative! I'm sure your students are going to love it. :)

    ReplyDelete