Sunday, February 3, 2013

Diigo

Diigo is an interesting website.  I like the idea, and it's definitely beneficial. I have been using the library in Edmodo because it allows me to share the websites directly with my students.  Diigo is much more organized and allows you to do much more.  I didn't quite realize how much more until I searched for some videos that might help me fully understand the benefits within the program.  This is what I found:


Although it is very basic, it led me to some questions, such as:  How do I get that bar across the top of my screen?  How do I find friends to connect with?  Once I work through these mini bumps, I'm sure Diigo will become a much more useful tool for me.

For your perusal: My Diigo Page

6 comments:

  1. If you have the Diigolet in the broswer bar (I think that's what it is called) and click on it, there should be an option for My Library. Once I open my Diigo library I am able to click on Networks, Friends, etc. I haven't tried searching for friends yet, although I considered it just a minute ago...does that count? But my thought is if we all share our Diigo URLs, we'd be able to share easily. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be setting up a group, which will make it easy for us to share the bookmarks we want to share. When the bookmark window opens, note there is a drop down arrow that allows for sharing. Once you join a group, you can select it to share specific bookmarks. I will be explaining this in class this week or next. First, we needed to open accounts and get the basics before we started to use the sharing option. I already set up the group for 584, so I will demonstrate how to join and then share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this tutorial video to be very informative. It is also my first time using Diigo and I am still trying to get the hang of it! I have more recently been adding things to my Diigo library and adding tags, but that is as far as I got. While I see these other options in my tool bar I wasn't certain what they did, and now I see all the capabilities of the site. I am off to explore, thanks for sharing that video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy that it was helpful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please be sure to copy the URL for your Diigo Public Library and to use that URL to make a hyperlink so someone reading your blog can access your Diigo Library.

    ReplyDelete